MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
Username: Dubinzi (aka DubTheDev)
Map Name: Dropmix
Difficulty: Hard (~65 Jumps)

Quick message to map judges: On the parkour google doc, I'm listed as having 7 maps, but I actually have 8 (It doesn't mention Miny Golf). Also, if you could change my name on the doc to Dubinzi, that would be much appreciated. Ty!
Thanks for fixing it <3

Screenshots:
dropmixMap1.png
dropmixMap2.png

Last edited:

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
And a long time player came back with a map I do like.

Some Points that could fix your map up some.
-Add Pistons,Anvils,Trapdoors,Brewing stands, and soul sand to make your map less repetitive
-Also with 1.12.2 Single Iron Bar jumps aren't allowed anymore
-I think you could add some wool in some areas to make the map look less bland and more attractive and may I suggest that you check out some of the other parkour maps on insane/expert (Newer one's to see how they did the parkour)

For Now I would give you a -1 but since the build is decently good, parkour is kind of repetitive and might need a good ol' revamp, I'm gonna give you a 0.

One thing about Parkour.
-Try to not make them floating and on the main build since Shinxrayapoo (Shinxray/Lucas) hates floating Jumps.

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
Thanks for replying.
I'll fix some of the repetitive parts, but after recently completing all easy and medium maps, I felt like I was playing the same map over and over because they all had the same blocks being used (pistons, pots, anvils, brewing stands, etc). I made a point to avoid this. But I do agree there are some parts that are repetitive, and I will work on fixing those asap.

Regarding single iron bars / panes, I don't believe there are any, but I will double check

I'll also experiment with some block variation

Floating jumps I'll try to do something about, but I dont want to displace the carpet on the top. Since there are so few floating jumps (3, not including barriers), I don't think it's a big deal... but I'll make an attempt to fix them just in case.

OneOfTheStars

MVP+
Nihilxstic
Nihilxstic
MVP+
Ratings
+0 I feel this has potential and I look to see updates on this!

So let’s start w the negatives, The parkour seems sorta dull. It looks to me more like it would be a medium map rather than hard personally. The parkour could use a little more detail and harder jumps! (I could try myself when I get home and I might edit this comment later)

Positives! I do like the detail of the build it self and the originality! This is very good parkour build and I love how colourful it is! Maybe even make PK colourful too to add some *VOLUME*! (Get it? Bad ik.)

- all just opinions!

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
Thank you for your feedback!
I have made some changes to the map::
  • Checked for single iron bars and panes
  • Made it more colorful!
  • Removed most of the floating jumps (two were unavoidable)
  • Changed the repetitive sections
  • Set the main build to black stained clay and black wool. It looks good, so thanks ...!
If you have more critiques, please let me know! :)

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
I'm still open to suggestions for this course. Please feel free to comment whatever you dislike about the course and I will be sure to address it. Thanks! <3

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
I found it very confusing, especially the first jump and at some parts underneath the build, I was completely lost however I do like the build and the parkour is okay, so I will give you a 0

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
I've added some guide signs to the map. Let me know if I missed a place :p

lolol

Forum Expert
VIP
the_stunfisk
the_stunfisk
VIP
Ratings
246 7
1555871890174.png

I'm blind but I was a bit confused here, maybe add a sign in the red area but other than that they were all fixed so +1 from me now :D

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi Dubinzi,
Happy to tell you that your map have been accepted as a HARD DONATOR (you already know that ik).
The theme is pretty original, since there is no map with the same theme, the build could be better, it's decent, but maybe a bit messy above the build. The parkour is decent, maybe a bit repetitive, but still nicely varied, was just pretty hard for a normal hard map, but seems way easier with speed, that why it's a donator. Some little things changed too so your map is less confusing.

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.