Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
I'm giving this a -1.
Unfortunately, I do not have any positives for this map...
Here are the points where the map fell short:
  • For what little theme there is, it doesn't even follow the theme, considering the map is not a globe.
  • The jumps are almost all block jumps. There are a few ladder jumps and then the water section at the end. I counted 13 jumps that were not just normal block jumps. I can honestly say that 155 regular jumps in a map is way too much.
  • The map is not visually appealing. It's essentially just towers inside of a glass cube with lava in the bottom. The map really needs decoration
  • The jumps are extremely repetitive. At the start of the map, there are 29 one block jumps in a row. Yikes.
  • There is a skip in the water section where you can swim to the top of the wall and just run over to the end
  • I would honestly rate this as a medium map. The jumps are too easy for an expert map. Unfortunately, it has too many jumps for a medium map, so it's in a gray area.
Now usually I would give pointers on how to improve, but I need to make an exception this time. I don't believe this map has the potential to be accepted at any point in time. At this point, it would be more worth it to start from scratch with a new course than fix the problems with this one.

So, here's some advice for any future maps you choose to make:
  • Pick a better theme that people can connect with more. "Stoneglobe" is too vague of a theme for a course. For themes you could recreate areas or characters from other games you like, create interesting architecture or recreations of real life buildings, or just pick a random object... like shaving cream, for example.
  • Make your jumps more interesting. Try not to have 3 similar jumps in a row so that you don't make the player bored. The best blocks (in my opinion) to use are iron bars, glass panes, soul sand, ice, fences, heads, and trapdoors.
  • Add more detail to your course to make it feel more like an environment instead of a floor with parkour on it
  • Avoid floating jumps. Although some of the older courses on the server have floating jumps, the standards have increased since then. This is not to say you should never use floating jumps, just that you should avoid them as much as possible.
Good luck with any maps you make in the future. I hope this advice helps.

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi Schleimling,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
Dubinzi already said a lot, there is not really a theme in your map, and even if there is one, there is already some maps which looks similar to your's (DeathMountain for example), the build is not really good, it's pretty plain and messy, try having a clear main build, and build your parkour on/in the build, not around. The parkour is what Dubinzi said, it's really repetitive (almost only normal jumps, which is mostly the same jumps), confusing and there is a skip on the water at the end. I will add that your parkour is too long for an expert, and way too easy for an insane. Be careful next time !

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.