MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
I like the idea, but it's a -1 from me for now.

• The build is very plain, maybe give the cube more detail like the actual ManaCube logo.
  • The parkour is very floaty, maybe make the cube bigger and have more of it on/in the cube?
  • The parkour looks WAY too long for a medium.
  • This has got to be the most repetitive parkour I've seen in weeks. Don't get me wrong, I actually love parkour that's just normal jumps, but they don't get accepted anymore.

Last edited:

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
I'm gonna give this a 0 because, well, I love the concept. However, as MCBYT said, you should add more details. I would consider the theme slightly unoriginal, as there is already a map relating to the server's original name (Minevast- Hard) I do think this map would fit into the hard difficulty because similarly to maps like colors, it's too long with what appears to be little checkpoints.

I wish you the best of luck! <3

Ratings
Hi VexJinx!
I do like the idea, but it is unoriginal. Adding the manacube logo or adding more detail to the structure of it would make it look nicer. I suggest perhaps reducing the amount of jumps, especially since there seems to be many floating jumps. Floating jumps are a no-no! Take as many out as possible. As InfinityxKatrina said, it is similar to Colors, another map mostly consisting of floating jumps. Make sure to read Shinx's post about the requirements for posting a map, that can help a lot.
MCBYT was also right, make the jumps on the walls of the cube, as that is what will allow you to do better. That can also give more variety to the jumps! Add vines, slime, neos, heads, etc. Don't get me wrong, I like how the purple swirls around the cube! It's just that it's too many floating jumps. Hope this helps!
-FruitDuit

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
I'm giving this a -1

Positives:
  • I like how the cube is built on an angle. That makes it nicer to look at rather than just a regular cube.
  • Difficulty is good for medium
Negatives:
  • Jumps are not varied. Most of the jumps are regular blocks
  • Jumps are almost all floating. I don't personally have an issue with this, it's just that the map judges don't like floating jumps because they "Make the map look messy"
  • You use single stained glass panes here, which is a blacklisted block
  • The build is not very good. While I like the simplicity of it, it feels more like lack of detail more than purposeful simplicity.
Suggestions:
  • Use more block variation, including ice, soul sand, trapdoors, heads, etc. Just don't make your parkour like all of the other "varied" parkours that overuse special blocks like anvils, brewing stands, heads, and vines,
  • Fix the single stained glass panes
  • Add a texture to the inside of the cube. I suggest a swirling effect similar to a nether portal
Good luck with your map!

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi VexJinx,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is original, since there is no maps about the server (There is technically Minevast, which is about the old server name, but I will say it's enough different). The build is not good, it's not attractive and really messy, the build looks plain, and most of your parkour is around the build, please try adding more detail next time, and build your parkour on/in the build. The parkour is not good too, it's really repetitive (use more types of blocks, like fences, soul sand, ice, slimes…), it's mostly normal jumps, and it's too long for a medium, but way too easy for something higher.

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.