Swearing / Filters

ItsRainingMen101

Dedicated Member
Unascertained
Unascertained
Ratings
49 2
It also filters certain swear words that are never okay.
If it did filter swear words that are never ok than I shouldnt have been muted because I was testing your dumbo filter. I didnt even avoid the filter, I just wrote a swear word that shouldnt be ok and I got muted because your darn filter wont work. Devs need to work on the filter.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,320 82
If it did filter swear words that are never ok than I shouldnt have been muted because I was testing your dumbo filter
Well, you’d only be muted if you continuously bypassed the filter, swore excessively when “testing” and were asked to stop, or depending of the severity of the things you were “testing”, like for example hate speech.

I’m not too involved in this debate, but I see both sides. I think possibly anything related to or that could be classified as hate speech at the very least should be censored, but swearing I don’t think should be.

While the current filter doesn’t allow you to say things like “an alt” or “mil for”, it’s a mild inconvenience that you can avoid. Being grammatically incorrect or writing “million” instead of “mil” aren’t going to be the end of the world, and not being able to say these things are far less offensive than allowing players to talk about the words that do get censored through these ‘phrases’.

Sketchinqq

Dedicated Member
MVP
Sketchinqq
Sketchinqq
MVP
Ratings
66 3
I feel swearing only brings bad influence to your tastes in friends and music, personally I believe swearing shouldnt be allowed on these types of servers since all swearing does is mostly either start arguments or stress you out more. Swearing is less of a stress reliever but more of a type of way of getting attention in an aggressive way. I also personally believe devs should actually work on the chat filter since its completely useless and all it does is filter words you said unnintentionally. (E.G. someone is using an alt.)
I dont think all swearing should be blocked, but I do think that a lot of words should be.