Rejected Water Tower - Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Hello, this is my first map submission!

My MC username is OperationSpaniel.
The name of my parkour course is Water Tower.
The command to warp to my plot is /plot visit OperationSpaniel 2
I'd consider my difficulty to be Medium due to the fact there are around 40-50 jumps, however the parkour itself is easy so it really depends.

FRONT VIEW
2019-04-11_14.24.08.png

SIDE VIEWS
2019-04-11_14.24.17.png

2019-04-11_14.24.33.png

BACK VIEW
2019-04-11_14.24.26.png

INTERNAL VIEW
2019-04-11_14.24.48.png

Last edited:

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
I'm giving this map a 0. The theme is not original, as there are several tower maps already. However, the build looks good and attractive enough. I tried to go to your plot, but the warp you listed doesn't work, so I couldn't try the parkour. From what the pictures give me, the parkour is pretty varied.

I wish you the best of luck <3

Ratings
Thank you for the reply, and I completely forgot to update the forum post to my current username. I apologize, it is actually /plot visit OperationSpaniel 2

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
Aight

So I enjoyed the gameplay of this plot a lot. The jumps felt clear (most of the time), and it feels like the ideal medium map.
The overall theme is also nice, and the tower looks good. Not fantastic, but parkour maps don't have to be art. What I'm saying is that in terms of a parkour map, it looks good.

(My only change to the appearance would be to use a different color pattern than yellow and blue, they clash :p)

Here's a few of the flaws I saw:
There's a really big reliance on barriers here. Two thirds of the openings of the tower are blocked off by barriers.
This doesn't affect gameplay (Except in one spot, which I'll get to), but more the design of the level. My personal opinion is that barriers are a lazy way of blocking off players. I have had countless instances where I have missed a jump because there was a barrier on the block that I jumped to. This being said, the barriers are strategically placed and never get in the way of the player during jumps. I like that.

The one small issue (that's easily fixable) would be the second floor wall next to the ladder tower. There is no indication of the barriers, and although this won't cause the player to unfairly fail the level, it would still irritate... some people, at least. Not too big of a deal, though.

Second flaw I saw was the little gate structure at the start of the level. It feels out of place, and I think just regular floating parkour would've done the trick.

With its imperfections, I still enjoyed this parkour. The theme may not be totally original, but I think it's fine :p

In its current state, I am not going to rate the level, but if the suggested changes are made, I would give a +1.

Ratings
I've updated the parkour a bit to what you suggested, thank you very much for your input! Also to MCBYT, why me ))):

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi OperationSpaniel,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is not that original, because like said above, there is already some "Tower" maps, after there is no "Water Tower" maps like you did, so it's still original. The build could be better, the tower itself is pretty simple but still nice, the problem is the floating blocks around the build, try to build your parkour on/in the build and not around like you did, so it's not messy. The parkour could be better too, it's a bit varied, but still feel a bit repetitive in my opinion (You can try using vines, water, brewing stand..).

Even if there is already an other "Water Tower" in submission, feel free to resubmit your map, if you patch the negative points, I will be happy to accept your map !

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.