Parkour: Changes I'd like to see for the next season / now (UPDATED)

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
960 435
Ever since the reset in May of last year, there were changes that werent good.

In this thread, I will adress the main concerns and what I'd love to see changed for the next season.

Parkour has been around since 2014, and it feels like we've seen very few changes/updates apart from getting a new rank, (Champion),Map Maker World, and reskinned spawns/ the current spawn we have now.

I want to make this clear, I am happy for these updates, however, here's some changes that need to be done

Mana Amount for Champion:

In total you need 650,000 mana for Champion once you hit the "God" Rank.

This is definitely a lot, and needs to be changed, In my personal opinion, I think it should be these below.

Dedicated Prestige - 50k ---> 20k
1704303055201.png

Ultimate Challenge Prestige - 50k ---> 20k
1704303113905.png

Experienced Prestige - 50k ---> 25k
1704303138870.png

Jumper Prestige - 50k ---> 10k
1704303186614.png

Adventure Prestige - 50k ---> 7k
1704303310500.png

Fairy Hunter Prestige - 50k ---> 10k
1704303345487.png

Dropper Completionist Prestige - 50k ---> 20k
1704303389991.png

Easy - Insane Completionist - 250k (all cost) ---> 100k

All in all this goes from 650k to 212k/222k if these were the exact changes.

Could disable gambling when someone reaches a certain amount after god rank.

After hitting "Champion" give players the option to reset their rank and give them a gold star for rank resets next to their name.

Rankup Changes

Rookie
10 Easies
5 Mediums
400 Mana

Initiate
20 Easies
10 Mediums
800 Mana

Skilled
40 Easies
25 Mediums
15 Hards
2000 Mana

Adept
60 Easies
45 Mediums
35 Hards
4000 Mana

Expert
100 Easies
75 Mediums
75 Hards
15 Experts
9000 Mana

Prodigy
150 Easies
120 Mediums
100 Hards
50 Experts
5 Insanes
14000 Mana

Exalted
200 Easies
160 Mediums
130 Hards
75 Experts
10 Insanes
20000 Mana

Master
265 Easies
220 Mediums
170 Hards
120 Experts
155 Insanes
35000 Mana

DemiGod
100 Easies
75 Mediums
75 Hards
150 Experts
35 Insanes
40000 Mana

God
100 Easies
75 Mediums
250 Hards
170 Experts
50 Insanes
60000 Mana

IK this seems like a lot, and can be definitely adjusted, but the jump from 1 insane/expert to 100+ insanes/experts for a prestige just doesn't feel right.
Shop Update

Balloons - 1750 Mana --> 1200 Mana
1704305229126.png

Parkour Wiki

The Parkour wiki and forums need to have a few updates in my opinion.

https://manacube.wiki/parkour/tips-and-tricks needs to be updated with more strats

https://manacube.wiki/parkour/making-maps/parkour-maps make this more clear.

Suggestion:
Make a wiki team of like 5-10 trusted players that can be allowed to update wiki, but it would need to be approved by a Map Manager who can then tell the wiki team it's good to make public.

Parkour Forums:
https://manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/ - Fully updated fleshed out thread instead of Multiple post under thread.

EDIT:

Parkour Tournaments
hold a parkour tournament that lasted serveral hours (3-4 hours per day/week) on certain maps, and fastest time per map gets like 300-1000 mana depending on the difficulty of the map at the end of the time period.

I was thinking the mana payout could be:

Easy Winner - 300 Mana

Medium - 500 Mana

Hard - 700 Mana

Expert - 900 Mana

Insane - 1000 Mana

Repeat winners couldn't get any mana/win to make it fair for everyone.
(this could be the parkour version of mana pond with a different twist)

Attachments

Last edited:

BluePottwal

Dedicated Member
ELITE
BluePottwal
BluePottwal
ELITE
Ratings
164 12
Disagree. Champion should be something special that very few people can get. So i would not be in favour of a reduction of costs for Rankups. However the reset idea with the star is nice.

Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
179 5
I don't think there's an urgent reason to change the requirements of the normal ranks. I see you're trying to close the gap between God and Champion, but I think the current way is better. At the moment the steps between Rookie and God are relatively small, which is in my opinion good since it keeps giving you a rewarding feeling. Once you've reached God rank, it is up to you whether you'll commit to the grind for Champion or if you'll stick to God. Even if the gap is slightly being closed between God and Champion considering your ideas of increasing the number of maps you need to complete to be able to rank up, I don't think it makes a big difference if you need (for example) to do ~250 insane maps or just 200 insane maps to reach Champion.

I also don't see a reason why to reduce the amount of Mana you need to spend for prestiges and therefore increase the amount of Mana needed for the normal rankups, which is why I agree with Blue on this point. If the costs for the prestiges are too low, it might be a little bit too easy to reach Champion. It should remain as special as it is at the moment.

However, I do like the idea of adjusting the rankup system back to the old one regarding your idea with the stars. I haven't reached Champion yet, but I experienced that people who do have Champion tend to lose interest in continuing to play Parkour since there's not much you can do once you've reached the highest rank. Adding back this star system would mean that there technically still is something worth grinding for once you have Champion, which therefore is a really good idea in my opinion!

BlackBird552

VIP
BlackBird552
BlackBird552
VIP
Ratings
Personally, I don't take my time to participate in this form of discussions since I can't form logical arguments lmao. I can say that the prestige prices are very expensive, but it also provides a higher satisfaction upon completing the challenge. Personally if there could be something added to make grinding mana less painful is decreasing the fairy duration from 2 hours to an hour or an hour and a half, that way grinding mana could be slightly faster, but I'm really taking this option with a grain of salt since there's already a lot of implementations in game that provide getting higher amounts of mana (such as Daily challenges and/or adventure maps)

I'm the densest one to be here so please don't take everything too serious, it's just my way of interpreting how grinding mana for a champion rank could be slightly quicker. Also the gold star thingie idea is very creative and I support that.

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
732 81
i think that like blue said, getting a prestige star and resetting is a good idea along with the idea of keeping the barrier between god and champion far but i think it would be better if along with that kinda molding the ideas together as you showed above that the prestige tasks that we currently have for champion have different mana amounts depending on the difficulty. a large sum is still a solid idea since it makes it more difficult but some tasks are easier than others which is why it would be nicer to have a different mana cost