question for staff applying

Gqose

Ratings
hello out there! I have exceeded the requirements for applying for staff (parkour staff) and I am ready to apply. but I just need one clarification. will I need to be active in chat? because I always try to talk but fail after the spam in the chat no one can see my message. so yeah. I just need to know if I have to be active in chat. thank you!

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Howdy Howdy Howdy!

I am not a parkour staff but I do staff some of our other servers, when it comes to being active in chat we more so look for someone who attempted to be and is helpful to the community. We of course would also like to see you being social as being interlocked with the community is really important to being a successful staff. We ask for these things in the hope that if you do become staff you won't let it go to your head and forget where you came from. So yes, you should be active in chat, however if you are are worried about us not seeing your activeness don't fret. We, and the higher up staff, can check this if/when needed.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me.

best, kayla

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey :)

I totally agree with everything Kayla said. I would add that make sure you are being *purposefully* active in chat. Engaging in conversations (that are appropriate of course) and being connected with the community is really important. As easy as it is to get caught up in minimodding behavior and showing you know the rules when you apply, I would say it's almost more important to me that someone is genuine and shows they are a friendly and kind face. Anyone can learn the rules...but not everyone can be a truly friendly person that others can rely on. Good luck with your application! :)

Gqose

Ratings
Howdy Howdy Howdy!

I am not a parkour staff but I do staff some of our other servers, when it comes to being active in chat we more so look for someone who attempted to be and is helpful to the community. We of course would also like to see you being social as being interlocked with the community is really important to being a successful staff. We ask for these things in the hope that if you do become staff you won't let it go to your head and forget where you came from. So yes, you should be active in chat, however if you are are worried about us not seeing your activeness don't fret. We, and the higher up staff, can check this if/when needed.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me.

best, kayla
Thank you! tat information will be helpful. I most likely will hold off applying until I'm more active in chat (not saying I'm not active) so yeah. hopefully I will be able to be useful in chat. Thank you!

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Thank you! tat information will be helpful. I most likely will hold off applying until I'm more active in chat (not saying I'm not active) so yeah. hopefully I will be able to be useful in chat. Thank you!
You sure are welcome!

Also, being active in the Discord is really important too. I am unsure of what your discord is so I don't know if you already know that. As staff you will have a base understanding of all of our platforms.

Gqose

Ratings
Hey :)

I totally agree with everything Kayla said. I would add that make sure you are being *purposefully* active in chat. Engaging in conversations (that are appropriate of course) and being connected with the community is really important. As easy as it is to get caught up in minimodding behavior and showing you know the rules when you apply, I would say it's almost more important to me that someone is genuine and shows they are a friendly and kind face. Anyone can learn the rules...but not everyone can be a truly friendly person that others can rely on. Good luck with your application! :)
thanks for the good luck! yeah being purposefully active in chat will be smart to do. also, I am the type to be like saying "imagine spamming" or "imagine talking about politics in Minecraft". but now I'm going to work on being more polite and informative in chat. Thank you!

Gqose

Ratings
You sure are welcome!

Also, being active in the Discord is really important too. I am unsure of what your discord is so I don't know if you already know that. As staff you will have a base understanding of all of our platforms.
yeah my discord name is ertsy as is my mc name. I have the active role on the mana cube discord but I'm trying to get well-known there. sorry about my forum name being different. but thanks for the reply!