Suggestion to make a small change to the map Towtruck.

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
So I don't know where else to put it but I found a thing I thought should really be changed in Towtruck, a medium map currently in /warp beta
It at least confused me and I'm sure it might annoy some new casual players.
If this isn't where I should post this then tell me where I should!
2020-05-14_21.49.30.png

I find it quite unclear where you need to go with the slimes. There isn't any sign indicating where you need to go with them or not even any "Press F5" message. I think adding a sign that tells what to do with the slimes might help avoid unnecessary fails in this map. What adds insult to injury is the fact that you go all the way back to the start of the map if you screw up this unclear slime jump.

I find it especially odd that a later slime jump tells you perfectly where to go even though it isn't as unclear as this one.
2020-05-14_21.55.40.png

Tell me if you agree and tell me if you don't!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
I see where you're coming from, both slime jumps could be seen as rather confusing. But, I don't think they're detrimental to the parkour. When I went on to try the map out, I jumped to the slime without knowing where to go and still landed where I needed to. It's rather difficult to not make it to the iron fence in the first place. And, personally, when I don't know where to go I just f5. I don't think it's necessary to add a sign telling someone to do something so natural, y'know? Regarding the second one, I think the sign is pretty clear. I read it before doing the jump and went where I was supposed to. But hey, those are just my two cents! :oops:

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
I see where you're coming from, both slime jumps could be seen as rather confusing. But, I don't think they're detrimental to the parkour. When I went on to try the map out, I jumped to the slime without knowing where to go and still landed where I needed to. It's rather difficult to not make it to the iron fence in the first place. And, personally, when I don't know where to go I just f5. I don't think it's necessary to add a sign telling someone to do something so natural, y'know? Regarding the second one, I think the sign is pretty clear. I read it before doing the jump and went where I was supposed to. But hey, those are just my two cents! :oops:
Yeah I guess that's also right. Can't see it being in any way a bad idea to put a sign there though, it would only help in my opinion!

celestiiia

Forum Expert
PATRON+
celestiiia
celestiiia
Patron
Ratings
150 3
Heya Gamers, when making it we felt like it was pretty obvious where to go in the time you have to jump onto the slime and land on the iron bar, although I can get how it may be seen as confusing! In regards to the other slime jump, it's harder to see/get to the right iron bar in time without direction. I also think that the first checkpoint is far from the hardest in the map, and maybe having to redo it a second time wouldn't be the worst thing in the world- sometimes maps take a few attempts! If anyone else also feels like it needs a sign then I'm sure it can be added, just think that (in my opinion) it isn't really necessary! <3

Last edited: