Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Good map! Here's a review.

The theme should be original. I'm not 100% sure though, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a map like this in Manacube. Good work!

I am a fan of the build! The car looks really nice and I believe that a lot of effort was put into the build! Great work on the build!

The parkour is an odd case. Most of the jumps are attached to the build, and aren't floating which is good, but there were parts where you could probably change your block choices to more blend in with the build. I don't believe this is a big issue, to me it isn't. The parkour was pretty fun, and while it fit the Expert difficulty in my opinion it also has too many checkpoints. There were parts where you would do 5 jumps and then get the next checkpoint. The placement is a little odd at parts as well, sometimes there's lots of jumps without one, sometimes 4. I don't know how big of an issue this is, but maybe you can work on it?

Remember that my opinion doesn't affect the judging results, I'm just trying to give advice that I personally think would help the map's chance of being accepted and the map to be more enjoyable. You don't have to do any of these changes I suggest you to do.

Good luck!

Josh/P2

Survival Mod
IP2I
IP2I
Mod
Ratings
284 21
Good map! Here's a review.

The theme should be original. I'm not 100% sure though, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a map like this in Manacube. Good work!

I am a fan of the build! The car looks really nice and I believe that a lot of effort was put into the build! Great work on the build!

The parkour is an odd case. Most of the jumps are attached to the build, and aren't floating which is good, but there were parts where you could probably change your block choices to more blend in with the build. I don't believe this is a big issue, to me it isn't. The parkour was pretty fun, and while it fit the Expert difficulty in my opinion it also has too many checkpoints. There were parts where you would do 5 jumps and then get the next checkpoint. The placement is a little odd at parts as well, sometimes there's lots of jumps without one, sometimes 4. I don't know how big of an issue this is, but maybe you can work on it?

Remember that my opinion doesn't affect the judging results, I'm just trying to give advice that I personally think would help the map's chance of being accepted and the map to be more enjoyable. You don't have to do any of these changes I suggest you to do.

Good luck!
Thanky, I am shit at making parkour so I made someone else make it but idk if they still play :<

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

Your map submission has been put into REVIEWING. Here is my input:

Theme: The theme is original as we do not have any Delorean-themed maps. Nice job on picking a unique theme!
Build: The build was both good and problematic. First off, EXPERT maps should be X-facing (https://manacube.wiki/parkour/making-maps/parkour-maps), so your map will need to be rotated. The outside of the build looked accurate to the theme and was nice in general - good job! However, the interior of the map was very plain and didn't feature much detail, which made a lot of the interior parkour feel like I was just jumping around a monochrome box. If you could add details to the interior of the build, it would elevate the parkour and make it more enjoyable.
Parkour: The parkour was the proper length and difficulty for an EXPERT map. Good job on balancing the parkour - the jumps were well-varied and enjoyable, too. I did find a skip here - the intentional path is on the right but you can skip a few jumps by going where my cursor is pointed.

You have four weeks to make the suggested changes or your map will be automatically REJECTED. When you are done making these changes, please either respond to this thread or message me on Discord (PyroTortilla#0553) and it'll be looked over again.

Have a great day!

Last edited:

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
Hello,

Your map submission has been put into REVIEWING. Here is my input:

Theme: The theme is original as we do not have any Delorean-themed maps. Nice job on picking a unique theme!
Build: The build was both good and problematic. First off, EXPERT maps should be X-facing (https://manacube.wiki/parkour/making-maps/parkour-maps), so your map will need to be rotated. The outside of the build looked accurate to the theme and was nice in general - good job! However, the interior of the map was very plain and didn't feature much detail, which made a lot of the interior parkour feel like I was just jumping around a monochrome box. If you could add details to the interior of the build, it would elevate the parkour and make it more enjoyable.
Parkour: The parkour was the proper length and difficulty for an EXPERT map. Good job on balancing the parkour - the jumps were well-varied and enjoyable, too. I did find a skip here - the intentional path is on the right but you can skip a few jumps by going where my cursor is pointed.

You have two weeks to make the suggested changes or your map will be automatically REJECTED. When you are done making these changes, please either respond to this thread or message me on Discord (PyroTortilla#0553) and it'll be looked over again.

Have a great day!
Pyro, it's been almost a month since you put this map into reviewing. I haven't seen the map to see if he made any changes to it, but you said that it would either be accepted or automatically rejected in 2 weeks. I just wanted to let you know because I didn't get a chance to in game.

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Pyro, it's been almost a month since you put this map into reviewing. I haven't seen the map to see if he made any changes to it, but you said that it would either be accepted or automatically rejected in 2 weeks. I just wanted to let you know because I didn't get a chance to in game.
I know, talked with the builder over Discord but that was over 2 weeks ago so I’ll reject later today

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

As it has been a month and I have not received any updates, I will be REJECTING this map submission. Feel free to resubmit the map once you have finished making the suggested changes and it will be looked at again by a map judge. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to message me here on the forums or on Discord (PyroTortilla#0553).

Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.