Rejected Jump to 3D (N64 parkour)

Ratings
Hearing about this new Nintendo world, I got all psyched, grabbed my old N64, and started building. (This map is very difficult to jumpcount, and I haven't quite got mental focus to do so, sorry! :()

I tried to make it a hard parkour by just difficulty, but fully subject to change to become medium or expert. (By difficulty I don't mean unfair jumps every 3 seconds but rather duration-wise.)

I made the theme around an N64, and all the SNES games making that jump to 3D for the ol' 64 bit system.
(Example it starts with super Mario world and then becomes SM64 ect.)

The last fourth of the map is Majora's mask themed, to symbolize its perfection (opinion) and late release in the console's life (Fact). You quite literally jump down the cartridge into the game. (I loved making that little touch)

It is at /warp N64Parkour on creative.

The_Jazzy_Man

Dedicated Member
Ratings
I really liked this one! Nice job Pigeon! And no, it's not cause I'm nostalgic (I grew up with a GameCube) it's just a good parkour!

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
Sadly your map has been rejected!

Reasons for this include:

Your theme is good. The execution of your theme, not so much. I had an issue, where I didn't really get the feeling that certain areas were what you wanted them to be. For example, A Link to the Past, I got no Zelda from that section. The entire Starfox Section, I honestly thought was just completely 3D, because the "2D" section was still 3D.... I mean, polygons and all that, but I just felt the map was really cluttered.

You were trying to fit so much inside such a small environment, this map could have benefitted from a larger plot.

The Majora's Mask section felt incredibly cluttered. There were bits I got, but for the most part, it looked like random blocks strewn about a giant black room. I got what you were trying to do, but I always find the references... For most people, that just looks messy.

You have a great theme, and you do understand the types of parkour that a hard map would have, I just hope that you can re-do this in a much stronger fashion. Or, if you have to, focus on one franchise going into 3D, instead of about 3-4.

~ Billy

Ratings
Sadly your map has been rejected!

Reasons for this include:

Your theme is good. The execution of your theme, not so much. I had an issue, where I didn't really get the feeling that certain areas were what you wanted them to be. For example, A Link to the Past, I got no Zelda from that section. The entire Starfox Section, I honestly thought was just completely 3D, because the "2D" section was still 3D.... I mean, polygons and all that, but I just felt the map was really cluttered.

You were trying to fit so much inside such a small environment, this map could have benefitted from a larger plot.

The Majora's Mask section felt incredibly cluttered. There were bits I got, but for the most part, it looked like random blocks strewn about a giant black room. I got what you were trying to do, but I always find the references... For most people, that just looks messy.

You have a great theme, and you do understand the types of parkour that a hard map would have, I just hope that you can re-do this in a much stronger fashion. Or, if you have to, focus on one franchise going into 3D, instead of about 3-4.

~ Billy

I understand fully, thanks for the constructive criticism! I will take this advice and move on. Also, I was completely screwed up on some parts and I get what you mean, the LTTP past was kinda hard to do... I guess I could say the excuse that it stood for lower detail on SNES but I will be honest and say that I threw in the towel.

Thanks billy!