Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username - MagmaPickle
Map Name - Niceland
/plot v MagmaPickle 2
Difficulty - Hard
Jumps - 77

Description: The map is a model of Niceland from the movie Wreck-It-Ralph. For this map, I wanted to incorporate the parkour into the build as much as possible. The jumps are mostly varied, with several anvil jumps, flower pot jumps, vine jumps, many slime jumps, and most importantly, cake jumps. If any of you find an exploit in this map, please let me know and I will fix it asap.

2020-04-28_15.25.56.png
2020-04-28_15.30.03.png
2020-04-28_15.26.56.png
2020-04-28_15.28.07.png

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, firstly this is an amazing idea, not sure if someone has already done this but the building looks pretty good from the outside and it seems like a unique idea to me. Firstly I believe that you could come up with a more interesting map name than 'niceland' just my opinion. Possibly adding more exterior detail to the windows could make it a little more interesting of a build from the outside, just from my perspective it's a little bland on the outside. It's got a very interesting interior and it looks like you took full advantage of it and make some pretty interesting jumps, definitely some unique block variety added in there.

I wish you the best of luck! :)

Ratings
Thanks for the feedback! Though, "Niceland" is an actual place in the movie this map is based off of (Wreck-It-Ralph). I tried to do an exact copy of the building, but yes, I agree it does look kind of bland. One of the reasons I didnt add too much extra detail to the windows was because it would make it much more difficult to creat enjoyable parkour on the exterior. I wanted to use the least amount of barriers possible for the best experience. Thanks for the advice! I will look over it and see what I can do

KiKi_Vanilla

Dedicated Member
VIP+
KiKiKornflake
KiKiKornflake
VIP+
Ratings
66 10
Love the idea! Looks pretty identical to the one in the film so nice job! Only criticism is I'm not sure about the black terracotta around the build as it would look awkward on the parkour server. Other than that great work and best of luck :)

- KiKi_Vanilla [Mapper]

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello MagmaPickle,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is original, as we don't currently have any "Wreck it Ralph" maps, so good job on that!
The build is accurate to what you were going for. However, the big walls around the build is unnecessary, so if you choose to resubmit this, I would recommend removing those. There are plenty of details to be seen throughout, and I can tell that you put a lot of effort into this!
The parkour is the main concern with this. The jumps are incorporated with the theme, and they are quite varied throughout, which is great. However, the difficulty is inconsistent. It is easy in some sections, and in some sections it has expert-levels of parkour, so I would try to nerf some of the harder jumps so that it is better suited for the hard difficulty! The headhitters in particular are a bit tricky.

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.