Ratings
8 3
Username: SwagifiedGorilla
Map Name: Ores
/plot h SwagifiedGorilla 1
Difficulty: Insane
Number Of Jumps: 100
Checkpoints: 4
I have attached 7 photos of the parkour to this thread.

I hope for the best.
Thank you
-SwagifiedGorilla

Attachments

KiKi_Vanilla

Dedicated Member
VIP+
KiKiKornflake
KiKiKornflake
VIP+
Ratings
66 10
Hello,
I am not a map judge, I am just an avid parkour player wanting to give honest advice.

There are a few problems with this map. First of all the new criteria for parkour maps is that they need to have a specific build in which the parkour is incorporated on. The only real build of this map is some stone and ores which have already been done in multiple maps already. Secondly, the map in itself isn't very nice to look at. The floating blocks look messy, and the map judges are very hot on not having the parkour just made up of floating blocks. Thirdly, the parkour is quite repetitive, for example there are lots of bedrock blocks in a row and iron ore blocks in a row.
My advice is to actually make a main build (which I would suggest isn't ores as it's a theme that's been done) and incorporate varied parkour jumps within the build.
Unfortunately, the map as it is now, I cannot see it being accepted unless it is improved and updated to the modern criteria.

I hope I haven't made you feel bad, that is not my intention, I only want to help and give advice to give you the best chance of it being accepted.

Remember that I am only a player and Mapper, not an actual map judge so my opinion has no official weight. Well done for creating the parkour though, it is always nice to see people submitting their entries!

Don't hesitate to ask any questions <3
- KiKi [Mapper]

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello SwagifiedGorilla,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme isn't original, as there are a lot of maps based on ores/minecraft blocks/random blocks etc. Please refer to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
There isn't really a main build to this. Try to have one or two main builds in your map that is relevant to your theme, then incorporate the parkour into that, rather than mainly just having jumps over the void.
The parkour is quite repetitive. You did have a few different styles of jumps throughout your map which is good, however you did group them quite a bit. What I mean by this, is that you would have a sequence of just normal jumps, then ladder jumps etc. Try to mix up your jumps a bit more throughout your map, as well as experimenting with a larger variety of blocks and items, this will overall make your map more enjoyable to complete.
The length is good for an insane, but the difficulty varies a lot, with some jumps being good for an easy or medium, and some more suited towards a hard or expert.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.