Reintroduction of Q&A team

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,899 47
I think there should be a new Q&A team on Manacube.
The members of this would be the 'big players' on each game mode, similar to how it was on the last Q&A team, but this system would be more focused to recognize the active and experienced non-staff members on Manacube.

Q&A team member role:
These players would be role models to the new and inexperienced players.
These players are to help people more than do things for themselves.
These players represent the needs and wants of the game mode as a whole, in a more meaningful way to the server management.

Requirements:
You must be experienced with all the features and abilities of the game.
You must be active.
Preferably active on forums and discord as well.

How to become a part:
At the end of each month, each game mode would vote in a selection form, in which all the members, both players, and staff, can vote on who they think best fits the role.
-each term lasts 1 month
-can be selected multiple times

Benefits:
These players would have access to the upcoming plans for their respective game modes.
These players would receive a title in-game, a role on discord, a private chatroom on discord, and a tag on the forums.
Access to Beta of the game mode when resets are happening, regardless of being Elite rank or not.

Current examples of qualified members:
Olympus: Myochi, myself (cause yuh), and Derpylatios
Skyblock: Staviette, Ssnek_
Survival: MomGetTheLantern, Zoqzey, JDU, and Skrts (thanks to @Sonic_Raptor for these examples)
Creative: Acid_Reflvx
Islands: Pippy, Kmooew

This is completely just an idea, but maybe something can come of it.
Any recommendations to add to this system would be appreciated, and all opinions are welcomed.
If you know of any examples of qualified members for your game mode, please let me know!

Last edited:

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Howdy SSM_GOD!

I completely support a Q&A team however I don't agree with the election idea. Even though democracy and elections are a great concept somethings would not run smoothly under them. I appreciate you making this post to bring more attention to the idea of a Q&A team.

However selection of who would be on it would simply need more staff interjection. Staff have access to things that players don't and we tend to have more experience and knowledge about players on every gamemode. Not saying everyone has skeletons in their closest but it is something that we have to consider when thinking about giving players a role that would carry responsibility.

If you have any ideas currently about the servers you play or the network as a whole feel free to send them to me or other staff members, I can only speak for myself but I know I am constantly looking for players who love to give feedback and ideas. Interreacting with the community is one of my favorite things to do!

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
347 38
I didn't get to experience the first QA team and a new one could be pretty cool. While most of the staff do this already, some player involvement could be fun to bring back.
Regarding the election system, I don't think it's a bad idea for players to vote for the candidates but I agree with staff intervention, more or less a background check and we can call for a revote or accept second place. That actually sounds kind of fun, I support it. It'll be like voting for senators LOL
+1 from EvanTech

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,276 98
I think there should be a new Q&A team on Manacube.
The members of this would be the 'big players' on each game mode, similar to how it was on the last Q&A team, but this system would be more focused to recognize the active and experienced non-staff members on Manacube.

Q&A team member role:
These players would be role models to the new and inexperienced players.
These players are to help people more than do things for themselves.
These players represent the needs and wants of the game mode as a whole, in a more meaningful way to the server management.

Requirements:
You must be experienced with all the features and abilities of the game.
You must be active.
Preferably active on forums and discord as well.

How to become a part:
At the end of each month, each game mode would hold an election where all the members, both players, and staff, can vote on who they think best fits the role.
-each term lasts 1 month
-can be selected multiple times

Benefits:
These players would have access to the upcoming plans for their respective game modes.
These players would receive a title in-game, a role on discord, a private chatroom on discord, and a tag on the forums.
Access to Beta of the game mode when resets are happening, regardless of being Elite rank or not.

Current examples of qualified members:
Olympus: Myochi, myself (cause yuh), and Derpylatios
Skyblock: Staviette, Ssnek_
Survival: MomGetTheLantern, Zoqzey, JDU, and Skrts (thanks to @Sonic_Raptor for these examples)

This is completely just an idea, but maybe something can come of it.
Any recommendations to add to this system would be appreciated, and all opinions are welcomed.
If you know of any examples of qualified members for your game mode, please let me know!
You forgot islands... me, myself, pippy, munchie and uhhhh idk who else... OH abbie!!
Edit: I forgot that I'm not even on the discord oh well.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,899 47
I completely support a Q&A team however I don't agree with the election idea. Even though democracy and elections are a great concept somethings would not run smoothly under them.
I agree. I think I said the wrong word when I said "election" because that implies campaigning or whatever. I was more thinking of the community recommending their preference to Q&A leaders. From what I've heard, maybe this would be similar to the SOTM.
However selection of who would be on it would simply need more staff interjection. Staff have access to things that players don't and we tend to have more experience and knowledge about players on every gamemode.
I absolutely do think that staff should have the last say. These Q&A players aren't to replace or take away from staff. This is mostly to have the best of the best be recognized by the community.
To be truthful, in most cases, the staff don't know the players as well as other players do. This is why I think staff should participate in the selection of these members like normies, but also have the power to veto the decision.

some player involvement could be fun to bring back.
That's exactly what I think this would do! I personally can't see a negative from adding this system. Honestly, I'm just trying to find new ways to get more people on the forums, and this is another attempt hehe!

Thanks for the feedback!

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,899 47
You forgot islands... me, myself, pippy, munchie and uhhhh idk who else... OH abbie!!
Edit: I forgot that I'm not even on the discord oh well.
ohm..... not to be disrespectful or something but uh... being not muted would probably be a requirement... :eyes:
but thanks for reminding me of Pippy and Kmoore!

I hope I could join <3
I could defiantly see you being part of the creative(maybe parkour) Q&A team! You're super knowledgable about everything that I know of on creative. Certainly would get my recommendation!

Wow :( I’m not suited to be in the Q&A team :(
I was gonna say you for skyblock, but like... you don't play there anymore... and on Olympus, YOU NOOB!

all of islands for be islands QA members ._.
Be it is to be bee being a be'. But be careful because bee might be bee and bee all over B. Before it be too much be for bee to be, be conscious of all b's being bees Bs's b bee's bee.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,276 98
ohm..... not to be disrespectful or something but uh... being not muted would probably be a requirement... :eyes:
but thanks for reminding me of Pippy and Kmoore!

I could defiantly see you being part of the creative(maybe parkour) Q&A team! You're super knowledgable about everything that I know of on creative. Certainly would get my recommendation!

I was gonna say you for skyblock, but like... you don't play there anymore... and on Olympus, YOU NOOB!

Be it is to be bee being a be'. But be careful because bee might be bee and bee all over B. Before it be too much be for bee to be, be conscious of all b's being bees Bs's b bee's bee.
Who said I was muted? :>

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
agree. I think I said the wrong word when I said "election" because that implies campaigning or whatever. I was more thinking of the community recommending their preference to Q&A leaders. From what I've heard, maybe this would be similar to the SOTM.
Any community lead vote involves huge amounts of bias and is basically a popularity contest. Recommendations is nice but I also think deep understanding and knowledge of the game needs to be appreciated. Lots of people talk the talk about knowing this and that.

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
Godzilla had a stroke and died trying to read that

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Oh lol
Ssm I was muted for caps twice about a month ago

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
I hope that doesn't change your opinion on me being on the team xd I really want to be lol

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,276 98
Oh...
Well...
I'm sure you can show improvement before something like this is implemented!

Ron
idk who that is >.< I'm getting unmuted soon, and I've made a plan to change my behaviour.