The Discord Moderator Academy would be a fantastic resource to implement.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Discord recently pushed a new program called the Discord Moderator Academy, which is a collection of over thirty easy-to-read and well-formatted modules in the form of seminars. These modules teach everything a moderator needs to know for any large Discord server, from channel setup to ban evasion. There are also resources for senior roles on managing teams and recognizing moderator burnout. The seminars conclude with a brief exam summarizing the modules.

I believe the Moderation Academy would be an invaluable addition to the staff application process. Not every module may perfectly apply to Manacube, but the vast majority does and would be extremely beneficial to staff applicates as well as some of the most senior members of the team.

I took the exam yesterday and was very impressed by the quality of the entire process. I can't recommend it enough and I would encourage any current member of the staff team to explore a few of the modules - particularly the more complex ones, which don't come quite as obviously, such as Facilitating Positive Environments or Planning Community Events.

I hope my suggestion will be taken into consideration! I truly believe this approach would greatly supplement the current Discord moderation responsibilities.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
This certainly is useful and would be a good idea to have added to staff training or whatever. There are many people who join the team without having prior leadership or community management training.
My only concern is that to me it seems that this is one of those things that the course taker has to want to do themselves. I'm not sure it'll realistically be too effective otherwise, but it's still worth it.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
This certainly is useful and would be a good idea to have added to staff training or whatever. There are many people who join the team without having prior leadership or community management training.
My only concern is that to me it seems that this is one of those things that the course taker has to want to do themselves. I'm not sure it'll realistically be too effective otherwise, but it's still worth it.
For sure. I don’t think it’s realistic that this would replace any aspect of the current training process, but there’s a lot of really good information here that would be very helpful in supplementing what already exists. Any staff member who wants to take it a step further could take the exam, and proof of having completed the exam would look pretty good on an application.