Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Ever since ./smite was an added perk reward out of the new year's eve crate, I've been seeing a lot of players using it. I don't believe there is anything wrong with using it, but sometimes it can get annoying, especially when it gets spammed. The other thing that bothers me it smites EVERYONE who is online, and if you're in pvp it does damage. This should not happen. I believe it should be removed altogether, or make it so it doesn't smite everyone and doesn't do damage to players in pvp.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
It scares the hell out of me sometimes, but I like it because its cool.
Tbh, it's not that bad... it's just that I wish I didn't keep getting smited all the time- or if there's a way to maybe toggle it? I dunno. And sometimes i'll get like smited a few times in a row, but there's supposed to be a cooldown on the command, so I dunno.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,891 47
There is a certain way to smite everyone. This was removed on Olympus because people abused it. I think they should remove it from everywhere that has smite perk.
I don't know what the perms are currently, but I would expect there to be a timer, 10 mins ish. If not, I think that should be added too.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
There is a certain way to smite everyone. This was removed on Olympus because people abused it. I think they should remove it from everywhere that has smite perk.
I don't know what the perms are currently, but I would expect there to be a timer, 10 mins ish. If not, I think that should be added too.
On islands, I do believe there is a timer because I was trying to get a charged creeper so I could get the creeper pattern thing for a banner. It took a few tries- and every time it didn't work out, me and my friend had to wait 10 minutes, which is the same cooldown time on prisons.

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
There is a 10-minute cooldown between uses on PARKOUR of the /smite command, however, I do agree with what you're saying entirely. I wish there was a way to toggle off the smite damage/entirety of it being used on players in adventure maps, as it can be quite infuriating if they're going for a speedrun, same goes for damage in normal maps. Personally, if they allowed you to use it on people in the /spawn area that would be perfect, and even if they removed the damage variable from it altogether, I believe that would balance out the perk a lot more.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I honestly dislike it because people in survival like to spam it, it's loud, and kinda scares you a bit. Also not to mention its annoying.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
There is a 10-minute cooldown between uses on PARKOUR of the /smite command, however, I do agree with what you're saying entirely. I wish there was a way to toggle off the smite damage/entirety of it being used on players in adventure maps, as it can be quite infuriating if they're going for a speedrun, same goes for damage in normal maps. Personally, if they allowed you to use it on people in the /spawn area that would be perfect, and even if they removed the damage variable from it altogether, I believe that would balance out the perk a lot more.
Honestly, I wasn't aware that ./smite did damage on Parkour... but I can understand how it can be really annoying, especially when you're in the middle of a map. I had to turn chat off so it didn't distract me while I was jumping LOL

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
its bad. i hate it and its bad. as a parkour player i can tell you that it causes so much spam in chat AND makes people screw up jumps. overall, hate it get rid of it @Dacon pls and ty

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
So, I have come up with a few ideas based on the responses given and my own personal thoughts.
- add a ./togglesmite cmd so players who do not want to be smited can turn it off on their end
- instead of having it so that ./smite smites everyone, put a radius on it, or add a required name variable so it only smites that person
- remove ALL lightning cmds except for ./smite (I feel admins should still be able to use all these cmds)