Not open for further replies.

LovelyLing

ELITE
Lovelyling
Lovelyling
ELITE
Ratings
18 2
My username is Liingling and my map name is UFO! This is an easy map with just about 30 jumps. There are two checkpoints and this is my second plot.
1587960969675.png
1587960991043.png
1587961005546.png

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Hey Liingling, here is my critique of your map! (please note that I am only a Mapper and my opinion has no effect on the final decision)
The build is pretty okay. It definitely resembles the classic UFO. My only problem with the build is that its more of a stretched octagon than an actual circle. Typically the UFO is a saucer-like spacecraft. Unfortunately the theme you chose is unoriginal as there is already a hard course called UFO. When choosing a theme always consult this parkour list. The parkour is varied which is great and I believe it fits the difficulty. There are a few head-hitters but I believe they are okay for an easy course. I like that you used a cactus, flower pot, trapdoors, heads. It all works!

Overall, I think this map has good aspects like the parkour, but I don't think it'll get accepted due to unoriginality of the theme of UFO. Good luck!

LovelyLing

ELITE
Lovelyling
Lovelyling
ELITE
Ratings
18 2
Hey Liingling, here is my critique of your map! (please note that I am only a Mapper and my opinion has no effect on the final decision)
The build is pretty okay. It definitely resembles the classic UFO. My only problem with the build is that its more of a stretched octagon than an actual circle. Typically the UFO is a saucer-like spacecraft. Unfortunately the theme you chose is unoriginal as there is already a hard course called UFO. When choosing a theme always consult this parkour list. The parkour is varied which is great and I believe it fits the difficulty. There are a few head-hitters but I believe they are okay for an easy course. I like that you used a cactus, flower pot, trapdoors, heads. It all works!

Overall, I think this map has good aspects like the parkour, but I don't think it'll get accepted due to unoriginality of the theme of UFO. Good luck!
Oh... I looked on the list and nothing popped up but thanks for the feedback

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, from my perspective your map submission is quite bland unfortunately, I believe that you could have added some more detail to the UFO and possibly even some cool background details/build that could have been incorporated into your parkour. Sadly as caseyclosed mentioned above your theme is not very original so it would be quite hard to get accepted due to that issue. The map does have some variety in the parkour jumps and from my perspective would fit into the EASY category.

Good luck! :)

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Liingling,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
Like others have mentioned, the theme is unoriginal as there is already a UFO map. Please refer to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure that your map idea is original.
The build isn't great, it is accurate to a UFO, however I do feel that it is quite plain. I would suggest trying to add a bit more shaping and detail, so your build can overall look more attractive.
The parkour has variety which is good, there were a few parts that I feel were a bit repetitive, but overall you did use a nice variety of blocks and items to create original and enjoyable jumps.
The length and difficulty are good for an easy map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.