Forum Master
ELITE
TigerTwist2
TigerTwist2
ELITE
Ratings
401 124
DreamWasTaken Investigation Results

Hello @everyone. We would like to apologize for taking so long to address this issue. Being both far more complicated and high-profile than previous situations, we wanted to be sure to handle this properly and ensure we made the correct decision.

The full results of our investigation can be found in our paper at https://mcspeedrun.com/dream.pdf.
A video explaining our results in basic terms can be found at

We have decided to reject DreamWasTaken's 19:24 in 1.16 RSG. It has been demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt to be illegitimate. We thoroughly investigated every possible reason for his extreme odds, including biased data and Minecraft glitches, and could not find any conceivable explanation. The chance that Dream received his pearl barter and blaze rod luck is extreme enough that we can be sure this run was as illegitimate as any run we have ever rejected.

We would like to reiterate that, as stated in the Minecraft Speedrun Evidence Standards (http://bombch.us/DOkA), rather than disallowing former cheaters from submitting future runs, we place the burden of exhaustive proof on them in order to accept it.

(From the official Minecraft speedrunning discord)

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
962 435

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
stop trying to cancel the king of minecraft youtube

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I mean, it is pretty convincing..... I'd believe it c:
You should wait for the official rebuttal. They do present convincing statistics in what appears to be an unbiased manner which is interesting.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Um

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I know this was a troll post, however this is actually super interesting. Kinda hope to see Dream make a reply video or follow up on it more.
It's not a troll post....

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I shouldn't assume others intentions totally true. You know its not though?
Yeah. The speedrun community is super serious. There's a fully legitimate investigation going on, and some Minecraft developers are involved. Dream recently wrote a ten-page response essay. It's real.